How to schedule a text message
Have you ever been in a situation where you needed to send a text message? Maybe you were in a meeting or dinner with friends. Or you wanted to surprise someone with a happy birthday message but didn’t want to forget. Scheduling texts can help you stay connected without interrupting what you’re doing. Here’s how to do it!
Scheduling texts is accessible and doesn’t require any unique apps or services. All you need is your phone and the built-in messaging app that came with it.
Here’s how to schedule a text message on an iPhone:
- First, open the Messages app and find the conversation you want to design.
- Then, tap and hold the message you want to schedule. A menu will pop up.
- Tap Schedule. If you don’t see this option, it means your phone doesn’t have iOS 13 or later, and you won’t be able to schedule text message.
- Enter the date and time you want your message sent, then tap Schedule.
An Android phone works similarly:
- First, open the Messages app and find the conversation you want to schedule.
- Next, tap and hold the message you want to schedule. A menu will pop up.
- Tap Schedule Message. If this option isn’t available, it means your phone doesn’t have Android 7.0 Nougat or later, and you won’t be able to schedule messages.
- Enter the date and time you want your message sent, then tap Done.
When is it appropriate to schedule a text message to consumers?
- Marketing campaigns: Planning is vital when it comes to advertising campaigns. Scheduling system messages to notify consumers of upcoming sales or special events.
- Deadline notifications: Consumers occasionally require a gentle push. So get their focus on upcoming registration deadlines, sending signed documents, and other important dates.
- Reminders for appointments: Consultation cancellations waste time and reduce earnings. Rather than trying to remind yourself the day before writing a reminder text, schedule it straight after you’ve booked the appointment.
- Reminders about due dates: Some consumers prefer to be notified when their credit card is charged or when they have to pay the bill. An sms ensures that they receive the message immediately.
- Prospects should be followed up with: Prospect developing relationships is a vital sales strategy. Schedule just several follow-up text messages all across the sales cycle to keep in touch.
Text Message Scheduling with SMSLocal
SMS Local allows you to schedule text messages to be sent at a later date and time. It is perfect for those who want to ensure they never forget to send a message or for those who want to avoid sending text messages at inappropriate times. With SMS Local, you can choose the date and time you want your message to be sent, so you can plan and be sure that your message will always get through. So whether you’re planning a busy day or want to ensure you always stay in touch with your loved ones, SMS Local is the perfect solution!
Scheduling text message can come in handy in all situations! Whether you need to remember to send a happy birthday message or want to make sure you don’t interrupt a meeting, scheduling texts is a great way to stay connected without interrupting what you’re doing. It only takes a few seconds! So next time you need to send a text but can’t stop what you’re doing, remember how easy it is to schedule it!